|News and Events|
Request for Quotations11.04.2013
Request for Quotations (RFQ)
RFQ Number: REC-2013-01
Issuance Date: April 11, 2013
Deadline for Offers: April 18, 2013
Description: Supply of an Embroidery Machine
For: mplementation of Grant Project “Raising craftsmanship quality and their sales in Central Asian Republics (CAR)”
Funded By: United States Agency for International Development (USAID),
Regional Economic Cooperation Project
Implemented By: Chemonics International Inc.
Point of Contact: Viktor Prodedovich, Chief of Party, USAID Regional Economic Cooperation Project
Address: Business Center “Karatal”, office 42, Shevchenko 90, Almaty
***** ETHICAL AND BUSINESS CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS *****
Chemonics is committed to integrity in procurement, and only selects suppliers based on objective business criteria such as price and technical merit. Chemonics expects suppliers to comply with our Standards of Business Conduct, available at http://www.chemonics.com/OurStory/OurMissionAndValues/Pages/default.aspx.
Chemonics does not tolerate fraud, collusion among offerors, falsified proposals/bids, bribery, or kickbacks. Any firm or individual violating these standards will be disqualified from this procurement, barred from future procurement opportunities, and may be reported to both USAID and the Office of the Inspector General.
Employees and agents of Chemonics are strictly prohibited from asking for or accepting any money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, object of value or compensation from current or potential vendors or suppliers in exchange for or as a reward for business. Employees and agents engaging in this conduct are subject to termination and will be reported to USAID and the Office of the Inspector General. In addition, Chemonics will inform USAID and the Office of the Inspector General of any supplier offers of money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, object of value or compensation to obtain business.
Offerors responding to this RFQ must include the following as part of the proposal submission:
· Disclose any close, familial, or financial relationships with Chemonics or project staff. For example, if an offeror’s cousin is employed by the project, the offeror must state this.
· Disclose any family or financial relationship with other offerors submitting proposals. For example, if the offeror’s father owns a company that is submitting another proposal, the offeror must state this.
· Certify that the prices in the offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other offeror or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
· Certify that all information in the proposal and all supporting documentation are authentic and accurate.
· Certify understanding and agreement to Chemonics’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery and kickbacks.
Please contact Viktor Prodedovich, Chief of Party, USAID Regional Economic Cooperation Project with any questions or concerns regarding the above information or to report any potential violations. Potential violations may also be reported directly to Chemonics at to BusinessConduct@chemonics.com or by phone/Skype at 888.955.6881.
Section 1: Instructions to Offerors
- Introduction: The Regional Economic Cooperation (REC) Project is a USAID program implemented by Chemonics International inCentral Asia. REC facilitates trade among Central Asian countries, Afghanistan, as well as with other large trading partners. Through capacity building initiatives and gender integration strategies, REC expands firms’ export potential, while building business network connections in the region. REC also works towards improving Central Asian countries’ pro-trade policies and procedures, increasing transport corridor performance, supporting Tajikistan’s post WTO accession activities, and strengthening the capacity of trade promotion agencies. As part of its Grant program, the REC Project requires the purchase of an embroidery machine to be delivered to Pavlodar at this address: 72, Pakhomov Str, Pavlodar, KZ. The purpose of this RFQ is to solicit quotations for these items.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by Chemonics in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFQ may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
2. Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than 17:00 hrs , April 18, 2013 at this emal address: email@example.com
Please reference the RFQ number in any response to this RFQ. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of Chemonics.
3. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFQ must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that Chemonics believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFQ recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by Chemonics will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of Chemonics or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFQ.
4. Specifications: Section 4 contains the technical specifications of the required items. All commodities offered in response to this RFQ must be new and unused.
- 6 needle single head with auto-color change
- Large full color 4.5” x 7” HD touch screen by Sharp Corporation
- 3 USB Ports for fast design transfer and computer connectivity
- Built in sample embroidery designs and 25 size adjustable embroidery lettering fonts
- Maximum embroidery area 12" x 8"
- Expanded software to make the embroidery work easier
- Embroider up to 1000 stitches per minute
5. Quotations: Quotations in response to this RFQ must be priced on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including delivery and all other costs. Pricing must be presented in Kazakh Tenge. Offers must remain valid for not less than thirty (30) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide quotations on official letterhead or format.
In addition, offerors responding to this RFQ are requested to submit the following:
· Organizations responding to this RFQ are requested to submit a copy of their official registration or business license.
· Individuals responding to this RFQ are requested to submit a copy of their identification card.
- Delivery: The delivery location for the items described in this RFQ is : 72, Pakhomov Street, Pavlodar, Kazakhstan. As part of its response to this RFQ, each offeror is expected to provide an estimate (in calendar days) of the delivery timeframe (after receipt of order). The delivery estimate presented in an offer in response to this RFQ must be upheld in the performance of any resulting contract.
7. Source/Nationality/Manufacture: All goods and services offered in response to this RFQ or supplied under any resulting award must meet USAID Geographic Code in accordance with the United States Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 22 CFR §228.
Offerors may not offer or supply any commodities or services that are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, (North) Sudan, Syria.
8. Warranty: Warranty service and repair within the cooperating country is required for all commodities under this RFQ. The warranty coverage must be valid on all commodities for a minimum of twelve (12) months after delivery and acceptance of the commodities, unless otherwise specified in the technical specifications.
9. Eligibility: By submitting an offer in response to this RFQ, the offeror certifies that it and its principal officers are not debarred, suspended, or otherwise considered ineligible for an award by the U.S. Government. Chemonics will not award a contract to any firm that is debarred, suspended, or considered to be ineligible by the U.S. Government.
10. Evaluation and Award: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFQ instructions, meets the eligibility requirements, and is determined via a trade-off analysis to be the best value based on application of the following evaluation criteria. The relative importance of each individual criterion is indicated by the number of points below:
· Technical – 30 points: Responsiveness to the technical specifications and requirements.
· Delivery – 20 points: The speed of delivery.
· After-Sales Service – 10 points: The ability for the offeror to provide after-sales services, including warranty and routine maintenance, particularly in the areas outside of the capital city. Service center(s) will be evaluated on ability to be equipped with tools, staffed with technical personnel, and stocked with spare parts for after-sales service.
· Price – 40 points: The overall cost presented in the offer.
Please note that if there are significant deficiencies regarding responsiveness to the requirements of this RFQ, an offer may be deemed “non-responsive” and thereby disqualified from consideration. Chemonics reserves the right to waive immaterial deficiencies at its discretion.
11. Terms and Conditions: This is a Request for Quotations only. Issuance of this RFQ does not in any way obligate Chemonics, the REC Poject, or USAID to make an award or pay for costs incurred by potential offerors in the preparation and submission of an offer.
This solicitation is subject to Chemonics’ standard terms and conditions. Any resultant award will be governed by these terms and conditions; a copy of the full terms and conditions is available upon request. Please note the following terms and conditions will apply:
(a) Any award resulting from this RFQ will be firm fixed price, in the form of a purchase order.
(b) No commodities or services may be supplied that are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, (North) Sudan, Syria.
(c) Any international air or ocean transportation or shipping carried out under any award resulting from this RFQ must take place on U.S.-flag carriers/vessels.
(d) United States law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism. The supplier under any award resulting from this RFQ must ensure compliance with these laws.
Section 2: Offer Checklist
Section 2: Offer Checklist
To assist offerors in preparation of proposals, the following checklist summarizes the documentation to include an offer in response to this RFQ:
- Cover letter, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror (see Section 3 for template)
- Official quotation, including specifications of offered equipment
- Copy of offeror’s registration or business license
Section 3: Offer Cover Letter
The following cover letter must be placed on letterhead and completed/signed/stamped by a representative authorized to sign on behalf of the offeror:
To: Viktor Prodedovich, COP of USAID/REC Project
Reference: RFQ no. REC-2013-01
To Whom It May Concern:
We, the undersigned, hereby provide the attached offer to perform all work required to complete the activities and requirements as described in the above-referenced RFQ. Please find our offer attached.
We hereby acknowledge and agree to all terms, conditions, special provisions, and instructions included in the above-referenced RFQ. We further certify that the below-named firm—as well as the firm’s principal officers and all commodities and services offered in response to this RFQ—are eligible to participate in this procurement under the terms of this solicitation and under USAID regulations.
Furthermore, we hereby certify that, to the best of our knowledge and belief:
· We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any Chemonics or USAID/REC Project staff members;
· We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any other offerors submitting proposals in response to the above-referenced RFQ; and
· The prices in our offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other offeror or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
· All information in our proposal and all supporting documentation is authentic and accurate.
· We understand and agree to Chemonics’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery, and kickbacks.
We hereby certify that the enclosed representations, certifications, and other statements are accurate, current, and complete.
Name and Title of Signatory:
Company Telephone and Website:
Company Registration or Taxpayer ID Number:
Does the company have an active bank account (Yes/No)?
Official name associated with bank account (for payment):